Sunday, January 31, 2016

Coffee with a View

By: Allyson Keys

Wow--it has been one busy weekend!  Yesterday, I traveled to Milwaukee for some antiquing with my sister-in-law [well not quite sister-in-law yet, but I am crossing my fingers].  It was a great day full of unique finds, including a new favorite Milwaukee stop--WasteCap Resource Solutions--and it is non-profit.  How cool is that!

Today though, it was a day of Murphy.  If you don't know, Murphy is our eight month old German Shepherd who has filled our little family with energy and love [exhaustion is in there too].  Wow, have my mornings changed since this ball of energy has joined us.  There is no more sitting around with a cup of coffee and enjoying some HGTV. Nope--not even close.  We instead started our morning off with a very rainy walk.
 
He takes after Christopher because he is pretty slow going in the morning.  He will mosey while looking up at you like 'Really?', but about a mile in we finally had a good pace going. 

When we got back to the house, I did a little laundry while he was recharging his batteries after he ate breakfast.  He started to dose off, but when I start getting my breakfast ready--aka open the peanut butter jar--he is right at my feet with a look of  'I love peanut butter--can I have some?'
How could I resist, so it now has become our morning ritual of him licking off the extra peanut butter left on the knife.  After we get done with our peanut butter toast, I attempt to sit down for one of my favorite cooking show--Pioneer Woman.  However, Mr. Murph seemed to have found his puppy that is losing the stuffing.
 
Now this puppy is a very important toy to Murphy.  This is the toy we got from the kennel when we first picked him up in August.  It had his mother's and litter mates' smells on it, so he would have a familiar smell when transitioning to our home [no worries--it has been washed several times since August].  Also, puppy was the exact same size as Murphy when we picked him up from the kennel.  Check out these cute throw back pictures:
So I got out my sewing kit to quickly repair the little guy.  As soon as I tied the thread, Murphy had him in his mouth.  This is the sign of nap time--phew!
Now that he is finally sleeping--I am able to successfully watch a full episode of Fixer Upper--or maybe at least part of it!  Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment