Monday, January 18, 2016

Guest Bedroom Makeover

BY: MEGAN HOOK

 
 
 Aren't they pretty? Ok, maybe not so much! But these pieces are old and heavy duty which makes them gold in my eyes. This furniture has survived many years with my husband moving from one place to the other. It may be missing some knobs and look very beat up but I am ready to give it new life.
 
Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint is probably the best thing since sliced bread. This miracle paint does wonders to all sorts of projects and is very user friendly. There are many colors to choose from but for my project I had went with Old White along with the Clear Wax.
 

 
 After two coats of paint, one coat of the clear wax, one sheet of sandpaper to rough up the edges and two new knobs from Hobby Lobby I now have beautiful masterpieces on my hands and ready to decorate.
 






I'll fill you in on a few of my "Go To" home decorating stores I always find myself at. Not only do they all have great deals but they also have so much to choose from. First and foremost Home Goods is on top of my list. Then there is Hobby Lobby the store that has literally EVERYTHING! Finally check out the nearest repurposed boutiques in your area. You will always find something unique there to decorate with! And now for the final product...
 
 

 
 
 
Until Next Time,
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment