Friday, January 1, 2016

Resolutions

Happy 2016!  It is that time of year again when everyone is making goals to better their lives, so we thought it would be fun to share with you a few of our goals for the coming year.  Also, for a little twist we added one thing that makes us nervous about 2016 and how we plan to overcome it.  Leave a comment below with your own resolutions for the upcoming year!

  • Bring on the H20--As a runner you would think that drinking water is a habit, but for this girl, I find it hard to make the right choice and choose water.  So my goal for the upcoming year is to drink more [water that is].  I am going to start with the hardest part of the goal and not have any caffeine until I have a glass of water in the morning.  I have read that starting your morning with a cold glass of water [even with a little lemon] is a great way to kick start your metabolism, so hopefully I can see two benefits from this goal.  One way to motivate me is a cute new glass water bottle I found at Target.  It is always helpful to have something pretty to keep you on your goal!
  • Making Lists I Can Finish--Every day, week, month I make a list.  I am very ambitious, so my lists are most times more than I can manage in the time span I give them.  This causes me to become anxious or stressed that I didn't get to all the tasks I panned to get done.  I think it is important to have tasks laid out for the day, but it also is important to relax a little.  I plan on only putting manageable items on my To Do List from now on.  If I cannot get the project done on a certain weekend, then I will put it on a future plan list.  I plan on using a notebook or a binder to keep track of all this.  Download a free list by clicking HERE!
  • Take a Trip=Nerve Racking. Umm, what?--To be honest, traveling for me comes with many excuses [money, time, and of course the fear of a plane plunging out of the sky].  This year, I need to take away these excuses and commit to a trip.  I just need to start by heading to the nearest pharmacy for some pills to make the plane trip a little easier--no seriously.  Then comes the saving part!  Budgeting for a trip will come with a few sacrifices, but it is important to remember that we only live once, so skipping a Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks during a Target trip will pay off in the end!


  • Stop with the EXCUSES! I find myself always second guessing things. I need to say YES to that trip, start and finish more books, buy that expensive night cream especially if it is going to make my face look young, realize that the gym won’t double charge me if I show up more than once a week, and most of all tell everyone I love that I love them to their face although it can be awkward for me to say out loud.
  • Where is my Handy Dandy Notebook! I need to start taking notes, drawing out my ideas, and setting timelines right before bed. Not sure if any of you have this problem like I do but as soon as my head lays down on that pillow I am either completely asleep or my mind is racing full of ideas and thoughts. Therefore I bought a cute notebook, from the best store on the planet Target, and have it in my top drawer on my nightstand along with a pen. Now when the moment strikes I will reach for it and scribble it all down to have the next morning. We can’t have creativity float away in our dreams now can we?
  • I’M TURNING 30! It is scary for me and that is a bit of an understatement. I know I need to be grateful for every day I get on this earth but it still twists my stomach a bit knowing I am saying goodbye to my 20’s. The years I could party all night, not have a mortgage, live with my parents off and on, and be “young”. But if I want to be 100% honest with myself and all of you I’m scared because that means everyone else gets older too. And as we age we start to finally see the things we have always had and took for granted. So how do I turn this around? Well start with a big bottle of Relax Riesling and top it off with taking in all the moments I share and am apart of with those I love….things don’t matter people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment